Noun(1) a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice(2) clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion(3) clothing in general
Verb(1) put on clothes(2) provide with clothes or put clothes on(3) put a finish on(4) dress in a certain manner(5) dress or groom with elaborate care(6) kill and prepare for market or consumption(7) arrange in ranks(8) decorate (food(9) provide with decoration(10) put a dressing on(11) cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of(12) cut down rough-hewn (lumber(13) convert into leather(14) apply a bandage or medication to(15) give a neat appearance to(16) arrange attractively
Adjective(1) suitable for formal occasions(2) (of an occasion
(1) She wore a long dark blue and light blue striped collared dress with short sleeves.(2) Some offices are dressing up their ├ö├ç├┐business casual├ö├ç├û policies and returning to traditional business dress .(3) The government men stepped off, in military dress uniforms, each with a large group of ribbons on the left chest over the olive drab fabric.(4) Officers complained that it was extremely difficult to keep the full dress uniform presentable, since the lace dirtied the white cloth, and the brimstone used to dress the cloth damaged the lace.(5) She was starting to feel out of place in her dress slacks and matching jacket.(6) All of the women wear traditional dress : long flowing skirts, heavily embroidered waistcoats and embroidered hats with a rosette on the right side.(7) And Suzy has to wear a bridesmaid dress the like of which has not been seen since 1983.(8) The one thing you know about every single female character in Weiner's books is what dress size she wears.(9) he was unable to dress himself(10) He will be remembered for his elegance of dress (nothing but Savile Row would do).(11) She doesn't dress flamboyantly, instead wearing a black t-shirt and jeans.(12) For these women it was customary to apply cosmetics and to dress their hair in the morning.(13) traditional African dress(14) However, it still requested smart dress , hats optional for women and jacket, collar and tie for men.(15) An array of items erases traditional distinctions between evening dress and daywear.(16) dress the salad with vinaigrette
(1) dress up :: لباس پوشیدن
(2) dress code :: نوع لباس پوشیدن
(3) wedding dress :: لباس عروسی
(4) fancy dress :: لباس بالماسکه
(5) evening dress :: لباس شب
(6) dress shirt :: پیراهن سفید مردانه
(7) dress down :: سخت ملامت کردن
(8) dress rehearsal :: اخرین تمرین نمایش
(9) dress suit :: فراک
(10) formal dress :: لباس رسمی
1. full-dress ::
2. gown ::
3. clothes ::
4. attire ::
5. frock ::
6. apparel ::
7. put on clothes ::
قرار دادن بر روی لباس
8. clothe ::
9. wear formal clothes ::
پوشیدن لباس های رسمی
10. decorate ::
11. bandage ::
نوار زخم بندی
12. prepare ::
13. fertilize ::
14. style ::
16. snip ::
17. curry ::
18. dress up ::
19. enclothe ::
21. get dressed ::
22. coiffe ::
23. primp ::
مرتب ومنظم ساختن
24. dress out ::
در آوردن لباس
1. blemish ::
لکه دار کردن
2. deface ::
3. disfigure ::
4. mar ::
5. scar ::
6. spoil ::
از بین بردن
dress, dressed, dresses
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Are you going to DRESS me now?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
maybe we could find a cool trio
to DRESS up as.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 14
Stop, my lady. You'll ruin your DRESS.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
Your sister's DRESS.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 6
This not a DRESS up party?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
English to Persian Dictionary: dress
Meaning and definitions of dress, translation in Persian
language for dress with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of dress in Persian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'dress'
What dress means in Persian, dress meaning
in Persian, dress
definition, examples and pronunciation
of dress in Persian language.