گارد, نگهبان, پاسدار, محافظ, پاسبان, پاس, نگهدار, مستحفظ, احتیاط, پناه, نرده روی عرشه کشتی, نرده حفاظتی, حائل, نگهداری و دفاع کردن ازنگهبانی کردن, پاییدن, نگاه داشتن, پاسداری کردن, محافظت کردن, محفوظ کردن, مصون داشتن, نگهداری و دفاع کردن از
Noun(1) a person who keeps watch over something or someone(2) the person who plays that position on a football team(3) a device designed to prevent injury or accidents(4) a posture of defence in boxing or fencing(5) the person who plays the position of guard on a basketball team(6) a military unit serving to protect some place or person(7) a precautionary measure warding off impending danger or damage or injury etc.(8) the duty of serving as a sentry(9) (American football(10) a position on a basketball team
Verb(1) to keep watch over(2) watch over or shield from danger or harm; protect(3) protect against a challenge or attack(4) take precautions in order to avoid some unwanted consequence
(1) I asked the guard what time the train got back to Salford.(2) he let his guard slip enough to make some unwise comments(3) Even those who are well known, for whatever reason, will fiercely guard their privacy.(4) Back in 1969 I was lucky enough to be part of the guard when Prince Charles was invested as Prince of Wales at Caernafon Castle.(5) It is said that a guardian angel is assigned to every person to guard and protect her or his body and soul.(6) If you succeed in sweeping your opponent then go back to the butterfly guard and try again.(7) a security guard(8) he's the captain of the palace guard(9) a retractable blade guard(10) two men were left to guard the stockade(11) soldiers on guard duty(12) You start with your opponent in the closed guard and a grip on his sleeve and lapel.(13) Inge believes the prospect of being posted to guard political prisoners, and the cruel conditions her son was expecting to have to enforce there, pushed him to attempt to escape.(14) Of course, that didn't stop the guard on my train advising us to change for the Central and Victoria Lines as we rolled into Stratford.(15) From butterfly guard, of course, you also have the option of returning to the half guard .(16) I had to wear a mouth guard constantly for about the first nine months, because my muscles were so tight that my teeth would grind.
(1) security guard :: گارد امنیت
(2) on guard :: در گارد
(3) life guard :: نجات غریق
(4) to guard :: برای محافظت
(5) guard against :: محافظت در برابر
(6) point guard :: گارد نقطه
(7) prison guard :: نگهبان زندان
(8) guard dog :: سگ نگهبان
1. sentry ::
2. warden ::
3. vigilance ::
4. safety guard ::
5. safety ::
6. precaution ::
7. guard duty ::
8. protect ::
9. keep under surveillance ::
10. beware of ::
برحذر باشید از
11. defend ::
12. ward ::
1. offensive ::
guard, guarded, guarder, guarders, guarding, guards
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
security GUARD in a car park
and I dance in a disco, too.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
You two will ride in the rear GUARD
and protect the livestock.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 1
Westworld Season 3, Episode 8
I’ve just spoken to the security GUARD.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
A local Civil Guard sounded
a warning bell.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 7
English to Persian Dictionary: guard
Meaning and definitions of guard, translation in Persian
language for guard with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of guard in Persian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'guard'
What guard means in Persian, guard meaning
in Persian, guard
definition, examples and pronunciation
of guard in Persian language.